|The Harker Heights Fire Department began as a volunteer organization in 1961.
Although this 1964 American LaFrance Engine was taken out of service in 2005, the tradition and spirit of its legacy remains with us today.
The bell remains inside the Central Station and is often used by the Honor Guard for ceremonial purposes. The Q2 siren is currently installed on the front bumper of Engine 1.
|• 1985 the Harker Heights Fire Department hired a full time employee, and built the Central Fire Station located at 401 Indian Trail.
• 1988, another full time employee was added.
• 1992 the Fire Department combined with a local ambulance company to offer more services to the citizens of Harker Heights.
• 2000 Station 2 was build at 3207 Stillhouse Lake Road.
• 2007 The department transitioned to all personnel being full-time paid.
• Andy Adam was the Fire Chief until 1990.
• Leon Charpentier was named Emergency Services Director from 1990-2006.
• Jack Collier became Fire Chief in 2006 and lead the department until 2016.
-2015 Mission: Life Line
-2016 Mission: Life Line
-2017 Mission: Life Line
-2018 Mission: Life Line
-2019 Mission: Life Line EMS Recognition Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association
HARKER HEIGHTS FIRE DEPARTMENT