The section works closely with local, state, and federal agencies and is a participating agency with the Central Texas Narcotics Task Force.
Like all U.S. cities and towns, Harker Heights faces a growing battle against drugs. The police can't solve this problem alone. Success requires community awareness and involvement. If you see suspicious activity in our community please take a moment to contact us. Your information will be kept anonymous and confidential.
POSSIBLE SIGNS OF DRUG ACTIVITY:
• Large amounts of traffic occurring at strange hours with people coming and going quickly.
• Finding drugs or paraphernalia (syringes, pipes or plastic packets) in the area.
• Repeated, observable exchanges of items, especially when money is visible.
• Offers to sell you drugs or conversations about drugs that you overhear.
• Groups of individuals frequently congregating in the same area.
• Buildings where extreme security measures seem to be taken.
To report suspicious activity, please call the Harker Heights Police Department at (254) 953-5400.